January 2016 USPS Rate Changes and Updates – A Summary
Posted on January 17, 2016
On January 17, 2016, the US Post Office implemented a variety of changes to their rules and rates. These do not impact First Class, Non Profit or Presort Standard Letter and Flat mail rates.
The changes are almost exclusively related to packages. Following is a summary of the more commonly used categories of package mail:
- Rates in general went up approximately $0.70 per package. This rate increase includes all class of Priority and Express mail rates. It did not impact First Class Parcel rates for packages up to 13 ounces.
- Elimination of Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C for both US and International mail – The Regional Rate box A & B are still going to be accepted. However, if you are a Priority Regional Rate box user, please not that C is no longer accepted by the USPS.
- Elimination of Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Box for both US and International.
- Elimination of Critical Mail Designation in both letters and flats in Priority Mail.
- Elimination of Global Direct Canada
Full detail of these changes can be found here.
The updated price list is available online.